June 3, 2021 Job Posting #7271.00
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
601 North E Street, San Bernardino, CA 92415-0020 • Ted Alejandre, County Superintendent
Establishing an Eligibility List
SALARY RANGE: $14.00 per hour
LENGTH OF SERVICE: 12 Months per Year/Hours per Day Flexible
(Not to exceed 29 hours per week)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 24, 2021 (4:00 P.M.-PST)
LOCATION: All Regions
(Desert/Mountain, East Valley, and West End)
The relationship of the Office of the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools and the Student Worker is that of trainer to trainee and teacher to student. In that light, our Student Worker program seeks to provide students with workplace opportunities and experiences to fulfill our entry level staffing needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Provides excellent customer service;
· Provides additional support to employees to complete assigned projects, and to provide technology assistance;
· Receives and routes telephone calls;
· Receives and distributes mail;
· Prepare staff development materials;
· Data entry, filing and utilization of computer software programs;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Skill in the use of standard office equipment (telephone, computer, fax, printer, calculator, etc.);
· The position of Student Worker is available to full-time college students who are enrolled in (16 quarter units or 12 semester units). Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA, “C” Average;
· Possession of a high school diploma (or its equivalency) or higher or possession of a GED.
NECESSARY MATERIALS FOR APPLICATION
· Completed Ed-Join online application (all fields must be filled in);
· Current school enrollment/class schedule must reflect a minimum of 16 quarter units or 12 semester units;
· Current resume;
· Copy of a high school diploma (or its equivalency) or higher or possession of a GED;
· One (1) current (dated and signed within 3 years) letter of reference.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications and submit all necessary materials online by the stated deadline in order to qualify as a candidate.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applications must be submitted through Ed-Join. Go to the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools website at www.sbcss.k12.ca.us; click on Human Resources; scroll down then click on “Click Here to access the EDJOIN website” and attach your online profile to this job posting #. If you are disabled and need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at 760 East Brier Drive, San Bernardino, CA 92408 • (909) 386-9561. This facility is handicapped accessible.
The County Superintendent of Schools recognizes that the County Superintendent of Schools Office has primary responsibility for ensuring that it complies with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. The County Superintendent of Schools does not discriminate on actual or perceived sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnic group identification, race, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, mental or physical disability, age or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation, in its educational program(s) or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position(s) or program for which the application was made.
State law requires all of our employees to be fingerprinted for the purpose of a confidential background investigation and prohibits the commencement of employment until the background investigation has been completed. Proof of freedom from active tuberculosis based upon an intra‑dermal test must be furnished at time of employment. Public Law 99‑603 (Immigration, Naturalization & Control Act of 1986) requires that all employees hired after November 6, 1986 provide proof of work eligibility. If hired please be prepared to present appropriate documentation verifying identity and ability to work legally in the U.S. An Equal Opportunity Employer.