The Marketing Communications Intern will gain experience in experiential marketing, social media marketing, writing, and building a brand’s presence online. This internship will focus on how we grow and maintain a strong and positive presence online to further our mission of promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. The Marketing Communications Intern will provide direct support to the Marketing Communications Associate.This internship is eligible for remote applicants.
What you’ll learn:
- Social media strategy and content creation
- Blog and copywriting
- Introductory WordPress
- Event promotion and marketing
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creating content for our 53,000-plus followers on social media
- Assisting with bi-weekly production of our e-newsletter
- Publishing blog posts and creating copy for a variety of media
- Maintaining and refreshing website content via WordPress
- Assisting with digital asset management
- Working on video and photography projects is available for the right candidate
Required skills or abilities:
- Strong, concise writing
- Ability to multi-task and triage in a busy work environment;
- Clear interpersonal communication
- Dedication to efficiency and timeliness
- Inclination towards collaboration
Desired skills or abilities:
- Strong commitment to the mission of the SF Bicycle Coalition
- Experience with photography and/or videography, or a strong desire to learn
- Experience generating ideas and content for social media (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
Required dates for this internship include:
- February 1st – April 30
- $16.32 per hour with a 10 – 15 hour/week minimum commitment
- One year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition;
- First hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including:
- Networking with SF Bicycle Coalition staff and professionals in a variety of fields, including but not limited to urban planning, transportation and nonprofits;
- Training on and experience with nonprofit industry-standard software (Salesforce, WordPress, Marketing Cloud, etc.); and
- Presentations and trainings aimed at development of professional workforce skills.
- Indoor bike parking provided.
This paid internship offers a flexible schedule with a 10-15 hours/week minimum commitment. This is a Monday through Friday internship, with occasional, infrequent evenings and weekends. Interns are expected to make a three-month commitment, which may be extended.
To apply, please submit a resume and a PDF with your answers to the below three questions. A formal cover letter is not required. Please make your answers roughly one paragraph each:
- What makes you excited to intern at the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition?
- What does transportation justice mean to you and how do you see it fitting into your career?
- What skills and/or experiences do you have that would make you a good fit for this role?
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.