What Your Job Will Be Like
The Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) is seeking a Graduate Student Intern to support various business operations at the Lab. MSTAT is active in identifying candidates with relevant academic and work experience in an effort to provide valuable internships, build a pipeline for possible future regular employment, and to meet near-term project deliverables. Candidates are expected to team with others to support Sandia’s mission by adding value, improving operations, offering innovative solutions and appropriately managing risk for the corporation.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide analysis and recommendations for business decisions
- Work with technical partners find solutions for their business needs
- Manage a supply chain business need
- Provide assistance in managing project schedules or budget
Applicants must submit a current copy of their resume to be considered for this position. Resumes should include cumulative GPA’s for all degrees, area of study, and expected graduation date. List any academic awards, relevant work experience related to your degree, certifications received, demonstrated leadership, community involvement, and prior relationship with a national laboratory or with DOE on the resume.
Candidates applying on this requisition may be interviewed or hired into one of several organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Qualifications We Require
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Earned bachelor’s degree
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in a related accredited graduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 30 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Qualifications We Desire
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a business area such as: Budgeting, Accounting, Project Management, Audit, or Supply chain
- Demonstrated leadership outside of academics, including student organizations and community service
About Our Team
The Financial, Project Management, and Business Management Centers enable mission success through strategic partnerships, business stewardship, and value-added, agile solutions. We provide financial stewardship of entrusted taxpayer funds through implementation of best practices in financial business operations and internal control policies and procedures.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico need to pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a clearance, a pre-processing background review may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance need to be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Members of the workforce (MOWs) hired at Sandia who require uncleared access for greater than 179 days during their employment, are required to go through the Uncleared Personal Identity Verification (UPIV) process. Access includes physical and/or cyber (logical) access, as well as remote access to any NNSA information technology (IT) systems. UPIV requirements are not applicable to individuals who require a DOE personnel security clearance for the performance of their SNL employment or to foreign nationals. The UPIV process will include the completion of a USAccess Enrollment, SF-85 (Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions) and OF-306 (Declaration of for Federal Employment). An unfavorable UPIV determination will result in immediate retrieval of the SNL issued badge, removal of cyber (logical) access and/or removal from SNL subcontract. All MOWs may appeal the unfavorable UPIV determination to DOE/NNSA immediately. If the appeal is unsuccessful, the MOW may try to go through the UPIV process one year after the decision date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.