- Assists with assessing the adequacy of internal controls and efficiencies in business processes.
- Assists with documenting SOX process and control activities via narratives, matrices, and test scripts, etc.
- Responsible for audit of various assigned SOX processes in the SOX program.
- Audits and tests SOX controls to ensure that they are performed as required and completes work in following planned test scripts/control objectives and within budgeted time allowed. Testing is adequately documented and cross-referenced and adheres with sample size requirements and other documented internal methodology.
- Works with process owners and Business Control Officers to ensure SOX documentation is updated (as needed).
- Assists with maintaining a library of SOX documentation including test scripts, workpaper commentary and supporting artifacts.
- Builds strong relationships with SOX control and process owners, IT SOX internal control team, internal audit, external auditors, internal control team and compliance department.
- Works directly with control and process owners to ensure understanding and knowledge of SOX processes and procedures.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent field.
- Experience –
- 0-3 years 0-1 years of audit or relevant experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technology and computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented with good organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.