1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum age eighteen (18).
3. Experience in working with children (preferred).
4. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with students and school staff.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
1. Provides direct supervision of students.
2. Ensures safety, security and care of children.
3. Implements emergency evacuation procedures and first aid when necessary.
4. Takes attendance; distributes snacks; assists with homework completion; and oversees the use of facilities, materials and equipment.
5. Documents students’ accidents and injuries and completes accident reports.
6. Identifies student misconduct; completes incident reports.
7. Assists in keeping facilities neat and clean.
8. Maintains professionalism regarding school affairs.
Performance Effectiveness Criteria:
In addition to the employee being responsible for each of the performance responsibilities listed herein, periodic and special reports to the Board and other entities will be provided regarding the impact of this position with respect to progress toward annually established District and Divisional goals and objectives for, but not necessarily limited to, the following areas: 1) Student Performance, 2) Customer Service, 3) Fiscal Accountability and Responsibility, 4) Process Efficiencies and Improvements, and 5) Employee Learning and Growth.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Follows adopted policies and procedures in accordance with School Board priorities.
2. Conducts oneself in the best interest of students, in accordance with the highest traditions of public education and in support of the District’s Mission Statement.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Revised: 09/98, 4/02, 04/11
Salary Level: A7
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Capable of lifting/carrying 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.; some physical activity required.