Police Detention Officer
The Police Detention Officer performs duties associated with: the operation of a jail, the booking and processing of arrested persons, and the welfare and security of prisoners.
Education and Experience
· A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
· Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
· Military experience is preferred, but not required.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
· Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver’s license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
· Possess certification from a Detention/Correction/Police Officer academy or ability to obtain certification.
· Must possess and maintain a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within a year of date of hire.
· Pass a one-year probationary period.
· Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
On-line applications for these positions (and all other current openings) are available through the City of Scottsdale’s Employment Opportunities website through Monday, 10/18/2021.