Our Customer Service Specialists support the belief in the power of performing arts to transform lives and that the shared experience and exploration of the arts will help create a more culturally connected and vital community.
Customer Service Specialists report to the Ticket Services management team.
- Provide high level of customer service in a fast-paced work environment
- Retain and utilize informational resources to provide patrons with up-to-date information about the Center
- Answer a variety of questions and process daily sales
- Flexible with changing information
- Answer incoming calls and online chats
- Assist with season ticket sales and general clerical duties
- Processes credit card and cash transactions
- Greet patrons in front of box office at show time
- Assist patrons at guest service desk
- Assist with audience engagement activities and special events
- Conduct surveys with patrons
- Work merchandise sales
- Ask for round-up donations
- Assist in new staff training
- Reception coverage as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a positive attitude, understand how to provide a high level of customer service and have excellent computer skills. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable engaging in conversation both over the phone and in person, display a positive attitude by sounding friendly, have an inviting personality and show initiative.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Six months to one-year of customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with the following programs is desired but not required:
Slack, Outlook, Tessitura, Genesys
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals is required.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- This position requires consistent and punctual attendance.
- Candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Segerstrom Center for the Arts will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; demonstrate manual dexterity while using hands to finger, handle, or feel, including heavy use of keyboard. Incumbent must also talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Ticket Services Department is a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The noise level in the work environment may be above normal depending on on-going activities.