Now hiring for the 2021 – 2022 school year!
Classroom Counselors are key members of our elementary, middle and high school teams, guiding students to achieve academic success no matter what challenges they may be facing. We employ creative and thoughtful community-tested practices to celebrate the diversity of our students and weave our families’ cultures into a curriculum that addresses each child’s unique, individual needs. Seneca partners with Hayward USD to enrich the educational experience of students through highly individualized academic and behavioral plans.
“You start to notice growth, and even if it’s gradual, it is very rewarding to see your students conquer their goals, academic or behavioral. I have seen first-hand that constant care can make these students feel comfortable and loved enough to break through big barriers. There isn’t one day where I don’t look forward to getting to spend time with these students.”
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Contribute to the structure and stability of the classroom by helping students stay on task and focused within the classroom
- Utilize behavioral and clinical techniques to support the mental health needs of our clients; this can include working with students on skills such as anger management, coping with frustration, or interacting positively with peers
- Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team with teachers, therapists, psychologists, and other therapeutic and educational staff
- Foster curiosity and creativity in our students by sharing your skills and interests in sports, art, games, nature exploration, and other fun activities
- Participate in weekly supervision to expand your skills and receive ongoing guidance and support
- Communicate effectively with all staff who are involved in the daily life of the student
- Provide crisis intervention for students, using de-escalation techniques to resolve conflicts
- Bachelors degree required or within 6 months of graduation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance
- Insurable by Seneca’s automobile policy
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm
- Starting at $20.25 per hour.
- 10% salary increase upon passing Spanish language proficiency exam.
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a generous salary increase each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.