Applicants applying to this position must meet the following expectations:
1. A graduate with a BS degree in Engineering or other technical field, with a strong preference with degrees in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. .
2. Ability to commute to the plant location (Burbank, CA).
3. Eligible to meet plant EAR/ITAR Compliance requirements (see below)
Summary: The Quality Engineer (“QE”) is responsible for implementing and maintaining the quality requirements of AS9100 Rev D on projects within the aerospace industry at SSP. The QE must have knowledge of the current standards accepted and used by government and industry for aerospace specification requirements of precision metal products; familiarity with aerospace inspection and quality control practices; and knowledge and familiarity with aerospace technical terminology. The QE must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in technical writings and investigate technical problems methodically and evaluate them objectively. The QE will be required to plan and present to management required and/or new procedures, methods, tools, etc. that will enhance the quality of the product being manufactured by ensuring quality, reducing cost, and increasing product efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, the QE must be able to perform a variety of job duties including, but not limited to:
· Review all customer-imposed quality documents to determine applicability to specific SSP operations and assess compliance. Independently decide and approve or direct corrections as necessary.
· Review SSP quality documents to assure compliance with customer specifications and contractual requirements.
· Evaluate corrective actions taken, as requested by customer, and ensure it is complete and conclusive.
· Maintain required standard procedures such as a quality manual to encompass all quality requirements by SSP’s customers.
· Interface with customers regularly to build and maintain a positive and stable working relationship and manage customer-related MRB activity.
· Generate lesson plans and participate in the training of inspection personnel, when required.
· Review shop planning for adequate inspection points incorporation into the manufacturing processes.
· Verify via inspection functions to ensure that customers receive product that meets the quality requirements contained in purchase orders, blueprints/drawings, and specifications.
· Monitor SSP’s Quality Metrics, including scrap and rework costs, identify responsibilities, repetitiveness, etc., and initiate improvement projects to maintain or exceed company goals.
· Review and validate all costs (labor, equipment, etc.) to ensure they are necessary and without waste.
· Follow all Senior (SSP and Corporate level) policies and procedures.
· Other duties as needed and assigned.
In addition to the above, QEs are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using Company directed and industry standard safety procedures and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
Education and/or Experience:
· BS in Engineering or other technical field, with a strong preference with degrees in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. The QE must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and vendors.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. The QE must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Mathematical Ability: Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Other Abilities: It is preferred that that the QE has some level of prior experience in quality systems administration; quality system auditing and customer audits; and knowledge of aerospace or other similar manufacturing quality procedures. It is a plus if the candidate has prior experience in data analysis (cost of quality nonconformance trends, scrap and rework reports and charts, and supplier performance evaluations and trends). The QE will be expected to possess knowledge of up-to-date inspection and control methods in the metal industry and the ability to understand, modify and interpret complex technical information to draw valid conclusions, using detailed analysis and extreme conscientiousness.
· Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/ or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes. Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.