SingerLewak is a Top 100 accounting and consulting firm in the west region. Serving clients since 1959, SingerLewak has developed a reputation for excellence and expertise in the accounting and management consulting industry. Providing the services of a large firm with a blended environment of practices, services and industry specializations, SingerLewak continues to demonstrate renowned industry leadership year-over-year. The firm takes pride in client service and professional and personal advancement, as demonstrated by our SL forward program which promotes a culture of learning and growth through targeted development and leadership programs and SL Cares, together with a continual focus on client service and technological evolvement.
- Assists Accountant by performing day-to-day bookkeeping functions for clients. This person will primarily input information for accounts payable and accounts receivable, assist in preparing check runs utilizing different software packages, but mostly Datafaction with Imaging.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Performs bank reconciliations and traces discrepancies.
- Assists with clients’ payrolls.
- Assists with Month-end and Quarter-end duties, including compilation of financials, sales tax and payroll tax returns.
- Assists in the preparation of 1099’s and W-2’s for clients.
- Assist with special projects.
- Understanding of the fundamental principles of accounting, including the recording of credits/debits.
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to work on assignments of moderate difficultly, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Ability to work with limited instruction on daily work.
- Proven problem-solving skills in dealing with challenging deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate change, and to react efficiently and expeditiously.
- Experience with DataFaction with Imaging is a plus, but good computer learning skills required.
- Candidate must be extremely adaptable as this position has a large range of tasks and grows with the team’s growth.
- High school diploma required. BS/BA degree or AA in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
SingerLewak is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.