The Sports Podcast Producer is responsible for creating and executing original podcast productions according to SiriusXM’s podcast strategy. Reporting to the Director, Sports Programming, the Sports Podcast Producer is accountable for all aspects of individual projects to which they are assigned including (but not limited to) production and creative, editorial feedback, packaging, delivery and operations of podcast format content across all SiriusXM Programming verticals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce, edit and publish podcast content for SiriusXM and related verticals
- Production of podcast series includes managing talent, guest booking, recording, script writing, show structure, metadata, promos, etc.
- Package and deliver all relevant audio, metadata and creative assets for delivery in SXM publication platforms
- Create and distribute social media content for promotion of podcasts
- Collaborate with relevant Programming counterparts to develop podcast formats of existing content as well as new content, lending additional production assistance as needed
- Participate in creative and production discussions with Director to develop sound & workflow for new podcasts or improving existing project
- Act as primary point person for all podcast needs within assigned content verticals
- Lend assistance to additional podcast team needs as strategy evolves including:
- Operations, Partner Management, Development, Curation and Product Testing
- Handle meeting all ongoing deadlines and managing fast turnaround as needed
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to create a supportive and efficient production process while also contributing to the creative process for new projects
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in content development, producing & audio editing for podcasts, terrestrial/satellite radio or similar audio medium
- Broadcast/digital media post-production experience
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent
- Knowledge of current audio and video media landscape.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Audio production and editing skills
- Guest booking and talent management skills
- Passion for sports podcasts, talk radio and creative storytelling
- Bonus if you have experience working across a variety of genres and styles: comedy, in-depth interview, news, documentary, etc.
- Knowledge and passion for podcasts and understanding of emerging digital-first media models
- Creative ideas for ways to move the medium forward as well as grow the audience
- Strong influence and Interpersonal skills; ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative writing ability
- Demonstrates positive attitude, adaptability to shifting goals, and growth mindset
- Reasonable flexibility in schedule (we respect work/life balance but sometimes must
- Social media management abilities
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in audio editing and mixing software
- Experience with audio repair, sound design and mixing a plus
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience with Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or similar audio & video editing software
- Proficient in social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
More details about our company benefits can be found here!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.