SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL / Farmington Hills, MI/Remote
As a member of our automotive SiriusXM 360L client software engineering team, you will have the opportunity to bring the SiriusXM + Pandora radio experience to our very large and expanding automotive customer base. You will get the chance to take on complex and intriguing problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work. It would help if you had an understanding of quality Android app development with Java. As a highly motivated team member, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. We seek an individual who places a high value on automated testing and has knowledge using test frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform software design and development project work, including Android application development for Android Automotive OS (AAOS).
- Localize and fix technical problems and bugs
- Learn and acquire new techniques quickly based on project requirements, has good communication skills and collaboration abilities
- Contribute in design and implementation software for the AAOS platform to enable SiriusXM Satellite and IP Radio systems.
- Participate in development and validation of Test Automation framework.
- Perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
- Assist in the development of user interface software specifications and software for SiriusXM Radio receiver products.
- The candidate should be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience related to Android application development and testing.
- Familiar with Android development, has experience in Audio Streaming processing related applications.
- Application of software development life cycle concept.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong background in Android application development.
- Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- Must be willing to take initiative and follow through to completion.
- Must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience developing, testing and debugging Android applications using Java/Android Studio.
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java.
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software.
- Experience with Android UI/UX design (Material Design Principles).
- Experience developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix.
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers via Android-based devices.
- Experience with testing technologies (JUnit, Espresso)
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.