SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Irving, TX/ Remote
As an Automotive Product Associate Intern on our Automotive Product team based out of Irving, TX, you’ll have the opportunity to learn how to work with a cross-functional team to ensure we deliver new and exciting SiriusXM audio service features. The intern will get to work closely with other product managers, UX designers, marketing managers, engineers and leadership. You will work to improve how we bring products to market, prioritize and measure success, and how we push to continually improve. This person will have the opportunity to develop user stories and execute with a software development team and have exposure across the product development organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with SiriusXM teams to ensure product launch readiness for target dates.
- Provide status updates on project progress to SiriusXM management as required.
- Actively participate in Roadmap and Software Development processes.
- Create user stories and manage backlog including bugs.
- Support feature development for Automotive initiatives.
- Work with subject matter experts including UX, Engineering, Programming, and Marketing to define user story acceptance criteria.
- Identify problems, drive productive meetings, and create documentation that is easy to understand.
- Showcase your work and get feedback from product management experts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Previous internship or work experience in automotive or consumer products preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with Acrobat and Photoshop
- Knowledge of iOS and Android mobile applications and/or general software development (preferred)
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.