SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ; Remote
The Innovation Group at SiriusXM is seeking an Engineering Intern to work with the team that develops leading edge signal generation equipment and signal reception hardware. This internship can involve writing code to develop tests that evaluate the performance of designs in development and also develop in-house PCB test fixtures as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within the Innovation Group team to evaluate technology trade-offs in simulations and hardware prototypes.
- Perform comparative testing of different hardware configurations.
- Perform analysis on the results and estimate system performance under various conditions and configurations.
- Develop tests and test fixtures to evaluate the performance of designs.
- Perform QA testing.
- Complete technical assignments, and document results in a report. Summarize work in a presentation.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Course of study must be an Engineering, Computer Science, or other STEM program.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with embedded processor implementation and coding.
- Familiarity with Linux kernel development/configurations and device drivers.
- Familiarity with UDP and TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with Python, Java.
- Experience with Matlab.
- Experience with C.or C++
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.