SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
The Innovation Group at SiriusXM is seeking an Hardware Engineering Intern to be part of an engineering team working on next generation chipsets and modules for vehicle entertainment systems. The Intern will be working with a cross-functional design team to define requirements, implement hardware circuits, validate circuit designs, and analyze and resolve hardware failures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design analog and/or digital circuits to meet system requirements
- Implement circuits using industry standard schematic capture tools
- Implement and review circuits using industry standard PC board layout tools
- Verify high speed circuits insuring proper impedance, delay, and matching parameters are met
- Define communication and IO links in circuits involving micro-controller or micro-processor components
- Perform worst case analysis on circuits and circuit components
- Validate testing to ensure performance over temperature and voltage extremes
- Review and recommend test parameters and configurations for a manufacturing test environment
- Participate in system design reviews
- Interface closely with other teams such as Software, Mechanical, Manufacturing teams
- Complete technical assignments and document results in a report
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship
- Course of study must be an Engineering, Computer Science, or other STEM program
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Basic knowledge of Hardware and Embedded Software systems
- Familiar with standard hardware test equipment (e.g. multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, temperature chambers)
- Some experience with embedded processor implementation and coding
- Some experience with C or C++
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.