SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
The Software Validation Intern’s primary responsibilities will be in software testing for OEM products designed to work with SiriusXM services. They will be working in software quality assurance that requires the ability to write and communicate clearly, while responding quickly to changes in requirements and/or schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test partner head units and applications for type acceptance to SXM user interface and protocol requirements.
- Assist in development of test management plans that will address all requirements, assign responsibility for testing of those requirements, and determine the resources and tools that will be necessary to carry out the plan.
- Generate standardized software validation test reports and user interface issues lists for communication of status within Sirius XM and to external partners.
- Collaborate with Sirius XM partners to resolve outstanding user interface software issues, and other issues, during the product development process.
- Work with software engineers, program managers, requirements managers and other product stakeholders to understand product features and the full set of requirements to be applied to the software.
- Although there are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job; mentoring and team leadership may be required.
- The candidate should be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Coursework or work experience related to software quality assurance (SQA), software testing, or otherwise working with computers or other electronic devices is desired.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- The ideal candidate will have:
o Experience writing/developing test cases using BDD formats (Gherkin).
o Experience with software testing of user interface or communication protocols.
o Experience or knowledge related to software quality assurance process is a plus.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written (spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive independently
- Familiarity with the Sirius XM service, music genres and artists, and professional and collegiate sports is a plus
- MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Defect/issue tracking tools such as Jira
- File sharing and collaboration tools – OneDrive, Slack
- Experience with man in the middle (IP sniffer) tools such as Charles or Wireshark.
- Experience with Android Debug Bridge (ADB), Linux, and/or QNX
- Understanding of CAN messages
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.