SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Oakland, CA/New York, NY/Atlanta, GA/Lawrenceville, NJ/Boulder, CO/Remote
In this role, you’ll research machine learning-based solutions for personalization and discovery of music and talk content. You’ll join a team of applied scientists and ML engineers who work on reusable ML components for personalization and recommendation, search ranking and retrieval algorithms, and natural language understanding for dialogue systems. Your ML research will leverage over a hundred billion explicit thumbs from billions of hours of listening, and billions of search/voice queries by hundreds of millions of listeners. Unique to SiriusXM, Pandora, and Stitcher, you’ll have extremely rich interlinked music and talk metadata, including annotations of our expert musicologists and talk annotators.
If you are excited by personalization, recommender systems, reinforcement learning, learning-to-rank, embedding-based-retrieval, natural language understanding, dialogue management, come join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research solutions across a broad set of machine learning problems ranging from novel recommendation algorithms to large-scale bandit problems, and from natural language understanding to search ranking, all to build the next generation of our products.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internship is open to current students enrolled in a MS or PhD degree (those graduating by May 2023/2024 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in a quantitative field (CS, EE, Statistics, Physics, Math, NLP, Neuroscience, etc.) preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Expertise in any of: applied causal inference, machine learning, recommender systems, statistics, search, voice interfaces.
- Solid programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team with a diverse skill set.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency with data analysis, ML, and data visualization tools in Python or R.
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g. sk-learn, TensorFlow).
- Experience with SQL (or proprietary equivalent).
- Experience with other languages like Java/Scala or big data tools (e.g. hive, spark) is a bonus.
- Scientific excellence demonstrated through publishing in first-tier conferences (e.g., SigIR, ACL, EMNLP, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI) a bonus.
- Thought leadership in ML systems, tools, and engineering demonstrated in blog posts, online presentations, or interviews a bonus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.