SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Oakland, CA; New York, NY; Atlanta, GA
In this role you’ll be working on a team designing and building the next innovations that will delight millions of listeners. You will have access to billions of hours of music listening history across hundreds of millions of listeners. Truly unique to SiriusXM + Pandora, you’ll also be working with over 100 billion thumbs given by listeners on their stations as well as extremely rich and diverse interlinked music metadata, including song and artist-level annotations by our expert musicologists with the Music Genome Project’s 450+ musical characteristics. With these resources at your fingertips, we want your help to make sure we always pick that perfect next song for our listeners, introduce them to new stations, and help them discover new artists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute solutions to a broad set of problems ranging from enhancing our understanding of our music audio content to building recommendation algorithms to power our next generation of personalization services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internship is open to current students enrolled in a PhD degree (those graduating by May 2023/2024 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- PhD degree candidate in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or another quantitative field of study preferred.
- Strong background in music information retrieval, machine learning, recommender systems, signal processing, information science, or natural language processing.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Significant experience designing and building music information retrieval or recommender systems.
- Solid programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Publications at machine learning conferences/journals.
- Experience with the Hadoop technology stack.
- Experience with Spark and Scala.
- Contribution to open source software.
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g. sk-learn, TensorFlow).
- Proficiency with Python or Java.
- Experience with SQL (or proprietary equivalent).
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.