The purpose of this entry level sales training position is to prepare a person for a career in outside sales with SMC Corporation of America. The Sales Academy Trainee will participate in an extensive and advanced six-month paid training program at SMC’s North American Headquarters in Noblesville, Indiana and a continued six-month training program at the branch they are assigned. Upon completion of the training program, the trainee will be transitioned into a Sales Associate role at one of SMC’s sales branches across the United States and Canada.
Once you graduate the academy you will receive two raises in your first year, a company paid cell phone, company car and expense credit card.
The Sales Academy Trainee will receive training that ranges from sales skills development and corporate culture to SMC’s applications, product line, and target industries served. They will learn about sales strategy, marketing and manufacturing production and order fulfillment. Specifically, the trainee will be required to participate in the following training activities:
- Actively take responsibility for learning the material as presented and become prepared to apply it.
- Actively participate in learning activities which demonstrate sales operations and supply chain functionality
- Complete written and practical training
- Actively participate in learning activities in a technical support role
- Complete basic pneumatics training and other technical training as directed by SMC sales management
- Study product catalogs and manuals to gain a basic understanding of SMC product
- Actively participate in learning activities which demonstrate “best in class” customer support
- Partner with experienced SMC sales professionals on customer and distributor visits
- Completion and assistance in sales presentations and demonstrations
- Complete short-term work assignments in all functional areas of the business (such as production, warehouse, customer service, etc.) as scheduled by the Sales Academy Supervisor
- Participate in additional learning activities and opportunities as dictated by sales management and academy supervisors to promote a higher level of success in an outside sales role
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Fast paced environment (includes both office and field work)
- Work on multiple projects at once
- Occasional travel in a team training environment may be required
- Physically capable of lifting SMC products and displays up to 50 lbs.
- Varying work hours
- Minimum two (2) year Technical degree or equivalent work experience, four (4) year degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers and ability to learn new programs and tools as required