Staff Digital Systems Architect
If you are looking for an amazing opportunity where you can combine your design & leadership skills with your passion to apply Robotics to medicine and healthcare, then this is the position for you. You will be leading a very talented team that is highly motivated and passionate about our vision which simply is “Life Unlimited”. The position is in Pittsburgh, PA, which is rapidly becoming the premier location for Robotics and Digital Health. You will take great pride in seeing the impact of everything you are involved in developing, having a tremendous impact on lives of patients and clinicians.
Your primary responsibility is setting the vision and strategy regarding our nascent data platform and leading the execution the same. In this role, you will be at the center of our technical roadmap and routinely engaging with peers throughout the enterprise. You will be responsible for the work of a highly motivated and talented team that may be geographically distributed to execute on this vision.
- Lead team responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of web applications.
- Lead team responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of our data platform.
- Establish the initial separation of concerns in the architecture and shepherd the on-going evolution of the architecture to ensure healthy boundaries and strong APIs are always in place.
- Act as tech lead within the Scrum process.
- Collaborate with the leads of other software and functional groups to maximize the potential of our combined work.
- Set standards for design, review, unit-testing and quality deployments.
- Ensure cybersecurity and HIPAA requirements are met.
- Ensure quality system and other regulatory requirements are met for your team’s platform and products.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Education: BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other equivalent education. Master’s degree is preferable
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong ability to describe design using UML.
- Passionate about modeling excellence in software discipline and setting the stage for the team to model same.
- Experience in design and implementation of web systems.
- Experience in design and implementation of data management systems.
- Works very well in a collaborative, fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment, and thrives under pressure.
- Is able to work very well with geographically distributed teams and can work with teams from a very diverse background.
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS.
- Strong experience of IT infrastructure and networking concepts.
- Has a healthy risk taking appetite and shows the courage to fail early and cheaply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Competencies: Meaningful experience with a meaningful subset of:
- Spring, Spring Boot
- SciKit Learn
- ELK stack/Beats
- SQL, MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies.
- CI/CD – Jenkins or similar
- Experience with FDA-regulated medical devices.
- Experience with testing frameworks like Selenium, Postman
Travel <10% (all travel is limited per company COVID travel policy)