Solaris Paper Inc. is looking for a Packaging Design Specialist to join our growing team out of Moreno Valley, CA. The Packaging Specialist is responsible to design, test and implement packaging designs that are an integral part of the company’s Product Development process. This individual develops, designs, and tests standards and guidelines for developing packaging solutions. They also review and improve existing packaging designs and work with internal and external resources and multiple departments to achieve functional packaging goals. Interviews are being scheduled, apply today!
· Participate in the complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing
· Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions
· Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, and types of materials required for packaging
· Work closely with Engineering to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements
· Work with the manufacturing department to insure that the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
· Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer
· Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Confer with engineering, marketing, production, or sales departments, or with customers, to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products
· Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews
· Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing
· Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs
· Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications
· Use Tops configuration software to generate product and pallet configurations
· Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services
· BA or equivalent work experience required
· 1 to 3 years of experience in consumer packaging required
· Project management experience preferred
· Demonstrable proficiency in TOPS a plus
· Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance and sampling theory
· Desire to work in an entrepreneurial culture
· Detail oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills are necessary
Solaris Paper is a North American household paper goods manufacturer focused on the Retail and Away-from-Home markets. We are one of the faster growing consumer brands in North America!
We focus on facial tissues, kitchen towels, and premium bath tissue.
Solaris Paper is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time