Position: Development Coordinator
About Sonoma Valley Museum of Art
Sonoma Valley Museum of Art (SVMA) is the largest visual arts organization in the San Francisco North Bay region. With a budget of $1.4 million, SVMA has approximately 600 members, a professional staff of 8, Museum store, and a dedicated Board of Directors. For more information on Sonoma Valley Museum of Art, please visit svma.org.
The Development Coordinator (DC) serves as the primary support for the Director of Development and Marketing. The DC develops procedures, reports, materials, and outgoing communications that successfully bolster SVMA membership, major donor giving, and grant awards. DC works effectively in a fast-paced environment, can multi-task, and has excellent organizing, communication, and computer/database skills. The DC interacts regularly with SVMA board members, donors, and members.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date constituent records in our database—this includes SVMA members, major donors, foundations, potential members and donors, etc.
- Implement all aspects of SVMA membership, including process of new memberships and renewed memberships, acknowledgements, membership card distribution, tax receipts and letters, and more in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly reports and others as needed for board meetings and development purposes.
- Assist in developing membership and donor materials.
- Support Membership and Development Committees—prepare agendas and meeting materials, set up meetings, etc.
- Maintain development and membership calendars and timelines.
- Coordinate with event planners and SVMA Staff to provide information, materials, etc. for SVMA opening receptions and other Museum events.
- Assist in all aspects of the annual Gala event as needed.
- Serve as a contact for members, donors, committees, board members, and others.
- Respond to member and donor inquiries and maintain records of key interactions, as directed by the Director of Development & Marketing.
- Support the Development Plan through mailing appeals, online giving programs, in-kind gifts, and more.
- Process and record income in database and coordinate with SVMA bookkeeper to maintain accurate income reporting.
- Support event coordination of development related events.
- Assist with cultivation of new members and major donors.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree preferred and 2 years of development experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent CRM and computer/database skills; possess ability to learn new applications (Excel, Charity Proud, Greater Giving, PowerPoint desired)
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational skills, and ability to balance priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information and communications with staff, Board, and stakeholders with integrity and discretion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; editing/proofreading skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, positive attitude, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Interest in or knowledge of contemporary and modern art is highly desirable.
$30/hr, 25 hours per week, non-exempt. Salary commensurate with experience.
Pro-rated, accrued paid vacation, federal holidays and sick/family/bereavement leaves.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and use the subject line “DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR_LAST NAME”.
Sonoma Valley Museum of Art (SVMA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes.
Updated: September 2021