Job ID: 17441
Agency: Department of Social Services/South Dakota Human Services Center/Acute
Salary: $23.87 per hour plus $1.50 per hour weekend pay
Pay Grade: GJ
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Social Services at the South Dakota Human Services Center, Yankton, SD. For more information on DSS, please visit https://dss.sd.gov.
This position assesses and provides direct social services to meet the needs of adult patients in an acute inpatient psychiatric setting by serving as a primary link between patient, personal supports, and community providers and provides a combination of individual, group and family therapy.
This position works variable day hours.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Preferred candidate must have a masters degree in social work and must be eligible to be certified as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) per SDCL 27A-1-3.
- psychosocial assessments and treatment interventions;
- ethical standards, principles, and practices of social work, counseling, and human behavior;
- human growth and development and their relationship to social work principles and methods;
- current social, economic, and health trends and services, and the ability to link patients with services needed;
- interviewing and other information gathering techniques;
- state mental health practices and procedures;
- family therapy dynamics;
- group therapy dynamics;
- treatment planning processes and therapeutic interventions;
- developmental disabilities;
- severe mental illness;
- principles of basic human behavior across the lifespan;
- therapeutic communication skills;
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) techniques;
- co-occurring disorders;
- effective written and verbal communication skills;
- documentation and record keeping;
- computer applications.
- develop and maintain working relationships with patients, community providers, and personal supports;
- apply proper interviewing techniques;
- write meaningful, concise, and accurate reports and correspondence;
- communicate effectively with a wide variety of people;
- assess social service needs, complete psychosocial assessments, and identify programs or services sufficient to meet those needs;
- develop and implement effective therapy, treatment approaches and teaching curriculum;
- oversee treatment planning and treatment;
- facilitate individual, group and family therapy;
- obtain collateral information and determine reliability;
- testify in mental health hearings as a Qualified Mental Health Professional;
- utilize various computer applications.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”