Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a MBA summer intern at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this 12-week internship, you’ll gain hands on experience with meaningful work while developing your skills and building your network. We’re big believers that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and collaboration. As a summer intern, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
Internship opportunities may include the following areas:
Energy Contract Management
- Reviewing and analyzing contract terms and conditions with respect to curtailment, payments, reporting requirements, and other provisions, as it relates to specific projects/requests.
- Analyzing data sources from various groups, including meter data, CAISO data, scheduling/biding data, etc.
EIX Strategic Planning:
- Work with EIX Strategy team to define new strategic initiatives and deep-dive strategic topics.
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Build your network through various intern events
- Work with department teams on projects
- Ongoing support to grow personally and professionally
- Be currently pursuing a MBA degree at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2022 or later
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in project management, program management, or supervision
- 2.8 GPA or higher
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
You should know
- The summer 2022 work modes is dependent on the individual departments. Further details of the work mode will be discussed at the interview stage. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California and interns would be expected to align with the departments work mode
- The internship has a start date of May/June 2022 and end date of August/September 2022
- Official transcripts will be verified during the on-boarding process
- We require you to be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test #8203. Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.