Southern Oregon ESD is seeking a collaborative and supportive Attendance Specialist to work with students and families from a strengths-based perspective to ensure active and full engagement with school. Typical job duties will include: working collaboratively with families, schools, districts, and community partners to ensure wrap-around supports are available and implemented that allow for regular attendance and engagement with school; following Oregon attendance laws related to truancy; analyzing data, creating and sharing reports that inform decision-making and continuous improvement; other duties as assigned.
Promote regular school attendance of all students by providing support for school and district personnel, and meeting with students and families to develop a plan for regular school attendance pursuant to Oregon attendance laws.
- Provide referral-driven and strengths-based intervention services to children and families where irregular attendance is an issue.
- Ensure that necessary interventions, based on Oregon attendance laws are followed in relation to referred students where truancy is an issue.
- Provide consultation services with students referred who are beginning to demonstrate irregular attendance.
- Participate in school/community collaborative efforts to improve services and support to students with attendance problems.
- Issue citations, prepare factual court reports and attend school conferences and court hearings as requested.
- Assume responsibility for preparation of reports, letters, data collection and service outcome data as assigned.
- Ability to provide services on an itinerant basis in assigned geographic regions.
- Provide own transportation to schools, family homes and agencies in assigned geographic region.
- Adhere to all rules and protocol governing the confidential rights of all students.
- Comply with local district and ESD rules and policies.
- Effective communication skills to work with schools and community personnel.
- Experience supervising youth in school and/or nonprofit programs.
- Computer skills with word processing and data base applications.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Oregon Drivers’ License.
- The equivalent combination of experience, training, certification, education or degree that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be used as an alternative to prerequisites
SOESD Benefits: (For .50 FTE positions and over)
Southern Oregon ESD contributes payments for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees. Employer-paid PERS, 9 paid holidays, a generous sick, vacation and discretionary (personal) leave packet is also provided to qualified employees.
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to $2142.00 per month (family coverage)
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity403(b) through Carruth Compliance Consulting
Mercy Flights Membership
PERS – Public Employee Retirement System
Southern Oregon ESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
The Southern Oregon Education Service District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If interested in seeking employment at Southern Oregon ESD, please apply directly by visiting our website at http://www.soesd.k12.or.us/jobssoesd/ openings and look for posting #398.
Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application. To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website. The SOESD is an equal opportunity employer. SOESD provides a competitive salary and benefit package.
Length of Position: 190 day School Year / 0.3 – 0.6 FTE
Salary Range: Per Collective Bargaining Agreement – $14.90 – $17.83 per hour
Immediate Supervisor: Program Administrator
The following physical requirements are essential functions of the job description:
1. Stand/Walk: None X1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
2. Sit: None X1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
3. Drive: None X1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
4. Bending: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
5. Squat: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
6. Climb Stairs: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At
7. Single Grasping: X Frequently Occasionally Limited Not At All
8. Pushing: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
9. Pulling: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
10. Fine Manipulation: X Frequently Occasionally Limited Not At All
11. Repetitive Foot Controls Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
12. Lifting (less than 25 lbs): Frequently Occasionally X Limited Not At All
13. Lifting (25 – 50 lbs): Frequently Occasionally X Limited Not At All
14. Lifting (50 – 75 lbs): Frequently Occasionally Limited X Not At All
15. Lifting (75 – 100 lbs): Frequently Occasionally Limited X Not At All