A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
What you will do:
- Collect and analyze risk exposure details as a critical part of Southwire’s commercial insurance renewal process;
- Reconcile insurance accounts and establish equitable insurance allocation/budgets;
- Handle Insurance Policy Compliance which includes insurance audits (i.e., automobile, ocean marine cargo, workers compensation) and Southwire’s mandatory State Filings;
- Manage evidence of insurance to Southwire’s customers, landlords, and/or employees to ensure operations and sales are not hindered
- Conduct research, participate in and lead special projects such as the organization of Certificate of Insurance in the Risk Management & Insurance Shared Folder
- Attend risk management & insurance meetings while interacting with insurance brokers and insurance underwriters
- As a valuable member of the team, support in the overall daily functions of Risk Management.
What you need?
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Communication Skills, written and verbal
- Time Management Skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Pursuing Risk Management & Insurance or similar degree
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.