A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
What you will do:
· Join cross functional teams in support recruiting, project management and event planning tasks
· Learn full cycle recruiting, supporting onboarding tasks, host recruitment events, and support new hire orientation
· Ensures events and projects are on schedule and reporting updates on status of active events and projects
· Provide support for organizational improvement by creating hiring marketing campaigns and highlighting company rewards to prospective candidates and applicants
· Interviewing candidates for various career openings and managing communication between the Southwire team and the candidate
What you need?
· The candidate must be a degree-track student interested in a creative or business focused program
· Skilled at managing multiple projects at once and providing feedback to managers in an organized manner
· Interested in a career in Human Resources
· Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders within Southwire.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to effectively time manage
· Quick learner and adaptable to change
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with exceptionally personable
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.