The Space Dynamics Laboratory’s Enterprise Application Support Team (EAST) is seeking a qualified college undergraduate or graduate student assistant to support Jira (Atlassian) based business application development. The selected student will work with professional software engineering staff for required on-the-job training and mentoring.
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for over six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data assurance, and ground stations.
Key duties will include:
· Design, develop, troubleshoot, and analyze scripts used for automation
· Interface with program team members, technical writers and engineering technicians as required
· Write clean, consistent, well-documented code
· Implement, test, and maintain code for internal customers
· Ensure that code meets end user requirements
· Collaborate with other developers to ensure that new development projects integrate with existing applications and systems
· Provide operational support for existing systems
Applicants should demonstrate some proficiency and desire to improve the following skills:
· Knowledge of Jira and Jira Service Management
· Knowledge of common programming languages, including Java (groovy scripts)
· Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, data modeling and database design
· Technical skills in programming, designing, systems development and testing
· Introductory level knowledge of common software development processes (version control, peer reviews, documentation standards)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
· Ability to establish and maintain effective team relationships
· USU student majoring in CS, MIS or a related field
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
· Ability to work independently with mentoring and as part of a collaborative team
· Reliable, responsible, with a strong work ethic
Instructions to applicants:
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Cover Letter
Once you complete the initial application, you will receive any e-mail requesting you to complete a video digital interview. For more information, please visit: https://hirevue.secure.force.com/E2Candidate/?lang=en_US
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.
Student Scholar Program: SDL provides unique opportunities for student employees, such as hands-on experience and our Student Scholar program. The Student Scholar program provides SDL student employees with opportunities to expand their knowledge, extend their work experience, and engage with the community.