Job ID: 5534
Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for over six decades.
SDL’s internship program provides an exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to get involved with state-of-the art technologies in space-, airborne-, and ground-based systems. With the support of engineers and mentors, interns are able to work on professional-level assignments that complement their academic studies. The program also includes training workshops, networking opportunities, and a variety of summer events and activities.
The Strategic and Military Space Division is looking for several exceptional student software engineers for a summer internship. Interns will be tasked with varying duties based on current projects, needed support, and development phase. Work could include developing, testing, and integrating software systems for small satellites, sensor systems, and/or aerospace platforms, as well as helping to develop small satellite flight and ground support software.
Possess familiarity with one or more of the following areas:
- Software requirements development and effort estimation
- Embedded systems design and development
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Agile software development
- Aerospace systems design and development
- Code analysis
- Team collaborative tools (e.g. Redmine, Jenkins)
- Fluent in at least one object-oriented language, C++ and C# are preferred
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- CS, CE
- Junior, senior, or graduate student
- 3.0 GPA minimum is required
Intern Hiring Period
Oct 1, 2021 – Dec 17, 2021
- Interviews can occur any time within the hiring period, so we encourage you to complete and submit your application as early as possible.
- Our goal is to notify all applicants of their status by January 31, 2022.
Instructions to applicants:
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Cover Letter
SDL supports a variety of missions, including NASA’s vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense’s aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering play an essential role in some important missions you’ve heard of, and others that you haven’t. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.
EOE including Disability and Vet