Sporcle is seeking a part-time Community Support Specialist who will be an online presence, acting as the digital face and voice of Sporcle in order to cultivate and maintain relationships with the online player community and trivia influencers. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with Content Management, Corporate PR and Marketing teams to create, manage, and execute community outreach strategies in support of broader Marketing objectives. In this role you will represent the voice of the players within our development team; advocating for our users in order to ensure consumer sentiment, desires, and needs are communicated, understood and met. You will monitor and report consumer sentiment across company social media channels, using the data to recommend ongoing community outreach initiatives.
Sporcle Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Understand our users needs through user feedback and competitive research to help shape and execute the Sporcle roadmap
- Monitor and report consumer sentiment across Sporcle’s forums and social media channels
- Day to day community management of our players and associated social channels
- Regular reporting to the wider organization on current community trends and sentiment
- Be a liaison to the Customer Support Team to help address the community’s needs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with proven ability to speak confidently and professionally
- Passion for understanding and engaging our customers
- Display a collaborative working style with a strong focus on execution and results
- Customer-focused and love speaking with customers to learn more about their product needs
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Experienced working with online community platforms (preferred but not required)
- Possess a fun, engaging style
- Conduct an initial interview with our video interviewing application. Don’t be afraid – let yourself shine!
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred but not required)
- Live in the Seattle, WA area (preferred but not required)