SRI International’s Biosciences Division is seeking a part-time Research Technician in our Pharmaceutical Sciences Group.
This position is to perform a wide variety of technical laboratory tasks in support of chemistry and biology laboratories. Tasks may include but not limited to:
- Cleaning glassware for use in chemical or biological experiments
- Autoclaving glassware and supplies for sterilizing
- Maintain the glassware cleaning facility and equipment
- Maintain hygrothermographs (replacing charts and pens).
- Review hygrothermograph charts
- Calibrate thermometers
- Schedule and coordinate equipment calibrations (balance, pipette, fume hood).
- Maintain refrigerators/freezers (clean, defrost when needed) and organize especially the GMP refrigerators/freezers.
- Disposal of retired equipment/instruments and organizing equipment manual, notebooks and other associated documents for archiving.
- Help clean/maintain organization of the labs especially GMP labs when assigned.
- Qualifications : HS Diploma
- Ability to read manual and follow instructions to operate simple equipment
- Good organizational skills, attention to details, attention to timeline and schedules
- Good communication skills
- Physically able to move weights (such as transporting glassware in carts), and to drive an electrical cart and to carry a solvent bottle of 4-5 Lb.
- Able to work on-site even during COVID-19 pandemic time
SRI is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse workplace that recognizes and values differences and reflects the communities where our employees live and where our clients operate. This includes valuing differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, body type/physical appearance, disability/differently abled and work styles, or any other legally protected category.