Demonstrate care and compassion for underserved adult and pediatric patients including new Americans, undocumented, low income and/or persons experiencing homelessness. Work with team members in your volunteer service program to provide care and support services to patients and their families at medical, dental and mobile clinics in Orange County. Various positions available based on education, skills and interest of the St. Joseph Worker.
Clinician/Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner: Under the direct supervision of a Physician, lead or assist with direct patient care.
Medical Assistant: Under the direction of a Physician, Nurse Practitioner or Lead assist with direct patient care.
Dental Assistant: Under the direct supervision of Dentist, the Dental Assistant performs basic supportive dental procedures, assists with patients, participates in dental outreach efforts.
Social Worker: Provide patient/caregiver assistance with basic needs, connecting to community resources and providing access to local, state, and federal benefits, assist with navigating through social services and in building a support system.
Patient Care Coordinator/Advocate: Liaison for the patient and family addressing their concerns and questions relating to coordination of their healthcare needs, schedules patient appointments.
Preferred position qualifications
• Bachelors Degree in related field
• Certification in related field
• Experience in home/community based health care setting
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Demonstrate care and compassion for underserved adult and pediatric patients including new Americans, undocumented, low income and/or persons experiencing homelessness.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for age specific requirement of the assigned unit. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patient’s status in order to identify age specific needs and provide the care needed. Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
• Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources
• Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
• Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.