Job Board Postings
Local Delivery Van Driver Part-Time
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Description – External
- A $1250 Bonus is available for this part time position ($625 paid at 90 days and $625 paid at 180 days of service)
- NO WEEKENDS!
We collaborate and innovate…
Our North American Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver state–of–the–art products, services, and expertise. Our extensive portfolio of opportunities span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our diverse network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the communities in which we live and serve are the foundation on which we build our bright future.
If you are interested in leveraging your talents to drive innovation, customer satisfaction, market growth, personal development and industry change in a dynamic team work environment—please explore the opportunities within our world class Supply Chain team!
Perform manual and system tasks to support inbound and outbound products/services delivery operations while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas: put away, staging, loading and shipping. May be required to support and assemble “make ready” products. Delivery and pickup of products ranging from OP, BOSS, Specialized services offerings (Same Day, 2-Hr delivery from store, returns/rush). Performs work under the direction of Supervisor, Delivery Operations. Delivery vehicle and all necessary equipment provided by Staples.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Follow all safety procedures in performance of job duties
- Organize and load product for delivery
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
- Complete product delivery, assembly and/or installation as per customer requirements obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse
- Update manifest with reason codes as required
- Address and resolve customer feedback as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Inspects products for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Assist in various aspects of basic install/product delivery which may include supporting free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems
- Unload incoming furniture and product trucks using warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack) as required
- Daily interaction with customers, Product Services leadership team, and warehouse management
Qualifications – External
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 – 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- No “major moving violations” (as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable state law)
- Ability to navigate and read a map
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions
- Ability to work within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use a measuring tape
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Knowledgeable in the operation of warehouse equipment and lightweight tools (i.e., use of a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to install and/or repair products as required)
- Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Prior furniture installation experience
- Previous light truck experience
- Experience with hand truck /dolly type equipment
- Demonstrated competence related to writing installation project and problem reports
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 100 pounds by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard). Regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements. Activities include using a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to assemble, install or repair furniture.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Employee will be required to safely drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.