To be considered for this position, please link or provide your portfolio.
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the globe to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability, and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
We believe you will enjoy joining our award-winning reciprocal team. Your colleagues are trendsetters and lead the industry. You’ll gain insights from User Experience & Industrial designers, which is not your typical interiors or architectural firm. Your global team designs creative spaces while using partnerships in technology and ancillary.
We know you’ll love our state of the art environment and engaging works spaces.
What you will be doing:
You’ll be on projects from the concept through the execution. We trust you’ll appreciate seeing the entire lifecycle of a design idea.
One of your main responsibilities is you’ll play an integral role in the success of our upcoming showroom renovations in a large metropolitan city. If you’re not familiar, Neocon is essentially, the Superbowl of office furniture in Chicago. First, you’ll partner with our Marketing departments to understand goals of the brand direction and the evolving workplace.
Then you’ll work on:
- Overall conceptual design and exploration of the customer experience
- Brand storytelling through space
- Space planning
- Design and specifications of furnishings and finishes
- Hands-on development of prototypes and custom design elements
Additionally, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to regularly work and network with a wide variety of global teams to learn about other areas of design that may interest you, like materiality, product design, etc.
Who you are:
- Do you desire to learn new things?
- Would others describe you as passionate?
- Are you both creative and analytical?
- Do you love using your strong communication skills to collaborate?
- Are you able to juggle several conflicting tasks at once, prioritize them then execute?
- Do you have a diverse background of experiences?
- You should be proficient in: SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD
- Experience with Revit, Rhino, and Grasshopper are a bonus!
- You currently a: junior or senior, graduate interiors or architecture student
- Portfolio required for consideration
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Your Future Team:
This small and mighty team of 10 is comprised of senior or principle designers, a project manager, a leader and a few interns.
- We are in constant collaboration as a team and work cross-functionally.
- Our design group is aesthetically and culturally diverse.
- We are a flexible and open group of people.
- Our award-wining team is eager to mentor you. We believe you’ll learn we are approachable, open to questions, new ideas and value your growth and success.
- We truly believe in autonomy and trust you to accomplish your goals.
- Lastly, you’ll sit alongside of fellow innovators including: product engineers, model makers and industrial designers.
We are proud of our diverse workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who enjoy interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.