SEI is seeking an Executive Assistant/Operations Associate to directly support our Executive Director and to provide support to the Operations Team and staff. This position requires a multitasker who is excited to join our stellar team of Sustainability, Workforce, Education and Operations professionals.
This full-time regular position, depending on Covid restrictions, will likely initially be based remotely out of your home, and later (when it is safe to do so), will be working onsite regularly at our main office in San Rafael, CA. A Bay Area residence is strongly preferred. The position requires flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. Target start date is approximately April 1. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
SEI is a non-profit organization based in San Rafael in the Bay Area, CA, dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 23 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models. We’re looking for a resourceful individual to join our team who enjoys leading and supporting multiple concurrent projects and has the ambition to grow with our organization. More details on our programs and services can be found at:
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE OVERVIEW
The Executive Assistant/Operations Associate provides vital support to the Executive Director especially regarding consistent and constant calendaring and meeting coordination, intricate travel coordination, and occasional personal assistance to enable the ED to concentrate on organizational matters. The position also supports and serves as a member of the Operations Team, particularly supporting in the areas of Human Resources and general office administration.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage Executive Director’s complex schedule and calendars, including associated coordination and interaction with partners, clients, and staff. Includes coordination for the Executive Director with School of Environmental Leadership personnel and events.
- Complete Executive Director’s timecards and expense reports ongoing.
- Assist Deputy Director with similar administrative tasks as needed.
- Scheduling and calendar management for company-wide meetings and events.
- As a team with Operations Manager and Coordinator, assist with a myriad of detailed HR processes ongoing.
- Coordinate from planning to execution, company-wide and program specific Events. Includes facilitation of all necessary communications, equipment, and supplies for meetings and events.
- Coordinate and fully execute Travel for Executive Director and all Staff ongoing.
- Provide basic level IT support to staff including working with G-Suite, Zoom, Wrike, Docusign, Hightail, and more. Manage issues and escalate when necessary.
- Schedule and convey ongoing and other company Communications to staff.
- Coordinate, plan, and innovate teambuilding meetings and events, gatherings, lunch sessions, etc.
- Coordinate and manage company and program specific Purchasing. Lead overall general Supplies management and purchasing.
- Additional responsibilities to include: various operations tasks and projects, including creating spreadsheets, organizing, filing, data entry, phone calls, emails, items related to HR processes, research, writing, ordering and tracking, etc.
- Manage gifts, cards, and promotional items ordering for organization and programs.
- Kitchen management, including staff rotation scheduling, maintenance, and stocking oversight (once in-office work resumes).
- Manage shipping and receiving, mailing, including maintenance of postage meter and supplies.
- Lead reception once onsite. This includes answering the main phone line both while working remotely and once in-office work resumes.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as they change over time, and as assigned. All of the above to include consistent examination and refinement of processes and practices, and collaboration with teams to streamline time expenditure and conserve resources.
- Act at all times as part of the broader team in the spirit of furthering our overall mission, and in support of our organization’s reputation as innovators, experts, and thought leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of work experience. Prior Executive Assistant experience preferred.
- An understanding of sustainability concepts, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency is welcome. However, this position warrants applicants who seek a long term position on our Operations team, rather than in environmental program focused work.
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for interpersonal rapport building and working collaboratively with others, including ability to collaborate in a positive, constructive, and succinct manner. As we strive for inclusivity, experience working with individuals who experience systemic and/or individual barriers to employment is a plus.
- Experience and ease developing relationships and skillfully working with colleagues, partners, clients, and constituents.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills and ability to self-manage and follow through to ably and reliably meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
- Track record of successful task prioritization and execution, and deft management of a growing and/or changing body of work with timely fulfillment of associated tasks & deliverables.
- Ability to lead meetings and gatherings, experience with public speaking, group presentations.
- Solid basic tech knowledge and comfort with electronic communications and data management including G-Mail, G-Drive, (Wrike, Slack, and DocuSign are pluses). Strong experience with and interest in various information technologies along with competency across the Google and Microsoft suites of office software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Experience with Zoom, Wrike, Docusign, a plus. Aptitude to quickly learn new software required.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/ partners, or independently.
- Experience in and the drive to address racism and create race equity with the team members and programmatically.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to juggle multiple priorities and jump in where and when needed is essential.
- Friendly and cooperative work style, willingness to learn, and excellent communication skills; we are looking for a team player who genuinely likes to work with the details and is dedicated to showing up and getting the job done as part of our team who is likewise.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
SEI offers a competitive starting salary for this position of $58,240 plus company paid medical, sick and vacation, and 13 paid holidays per year.
This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks: Read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter describing how their interest, qualifications, and experience are a perfect match for this position. Please include “EA/OA” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
EOE / DEI
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. A commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework is required. https://www.seiinc.org/dei.html