Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The summer 2021 Stride tax intern position will work with the Stride tax professionals and gain exposure to a wide variety of corporate tax issues.
The intern will assist the tax team in the year-end tax accounting/provision, state income tax extension analysis, preparation of sales and property tax returns and notices as well as assist in specific tax research and other tax related projects.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist the tax team in the year-end tax accounting/provision, state income tax extension analysis, preparation of sales and property tax returns and notices
- Assist in specific tax research
- Participate in other tax related projects.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Recent college graduate, or student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance or related field.
- Strong academic credentials (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Ability to work at least 20 hours/week
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clear required background check
- Relevant work experience preferred (e.g. full-time, internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Ability to work at 40 hours/week preferred
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.