SupplyHouse.com, a growing and successful e-commerce company, seeks help on our expanding Customer Service Team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking to customers, self-motivated, and have a four year college degree. Prior customer service experience is not required. The selected candidate will receive product training and attend a weekly customer service meeting.
Due to the circumstances regarding COVID-19, we are searching for someone who can currently perform this job remotely UNTIL September of 2021, when we plan to reopen our Melville office. After September 2021, we expect the candidate to be in the Melville office on some regular and aligned cadence throughout the year.
Location: Melville, NY
Salary: $45,000/year ($21.63/hour)
- Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Sunday, 9:00AM – 6:00PM and Monday – Thursday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday, 9:00AM – 6:00PM and Monday – Wednesday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
*Weekend Bonus*: Employees will be paid an additional $4 per hour for any hours worked on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Day to Day:
- Answering phones in our call center, and of course being friendly and professional to our customers!
- Filtering customer calls and entering information on task sheets
- Placing customer orders
- Processing customer returns
- Answering basic product questions – and we mean basic. You are not expected to be a product expert
- Making independent and thorough decisions on your own
- Working as both part of a team and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm during escalated situations
- Personal laptop/computers are preferred
- Personal cell phone (calls are routed through ShoreTel with call forwarding so your number is completely private)
- Stable internet connection
What’s important to us:
- Positive Attitude – We work in close quarters where attitudes are contagious
- GRIT – Our 5 new core values! (Generosity, respect, innovation, teamwork and grit).
- Education – Associates/Bachelor’s degrees preferred or High School Diploma with 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Benefits – Free health insurance, 401K with company match, life insurance, vacation and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap and meditation room.
- Flexible hours – Standard business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, feel free to utilize our “Flex-Time” policy to adjust your end time slightly.
- We give back – We provide many opportunities to give back to our local communities.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code and a pet-friendly office.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We also have monthly team building events. Look out for our movie nights, bowling leagues, and more!
Interested? Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company