SupplyHouse.com is looking for a talented Full Stack Java Developer to add to our team! This is a great opportunity to sharpen your front and back-end development skills in a fun and innovative environment.
Due to the circumstances regarding COVID-19, we are searching for someone who can currently perform this job remotely UNTIL September of 2021, when we plan to reopen our Melville office. After September 2021, we expect the candidate to be in the Melville office on some regular and aligned cadence throughout the year.
Role Type: Full-Time
Location: Melville, NY
- Participating in all phases of software development: requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Implementing user-friendly front-end functionalities for our shopping site and supporting backend APIs and services.
- Developing applications to support company internal operations.
- Ensuring system reliability and optimizing performance
- Developing new user-interface (UI) components
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimizing application for maximum speed and scalability
- Creating and maintaining promotional banners throughout the site
- Building templates for new pages and page redesigns
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science
- Experience in programming languages, specifically Java & SQL (RDBMS concepts)
- Experience using Chrome tools, and text editors (i.e Sublime)
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle; front-end and back-end web application development; implementing business logic and developing user interfaces
- Benefits – 401k with company match, great medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, vacation and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap room, and meditation room.
- Flexible hours – Standard business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, feel free to utilize our “Flex-Time” policy to adjust your start and end time slightly.
- We give back – We provide many opportunities to give back to our local communities.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code and a pet-friendly office.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We also have monthly team building events. Look out for our virtual paint nights, trivia nights, and more!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company