The IT Support Technician is responsible for responding to and remediating end-user technical issues along with supporting and maintaining the organization’s computer systems, desktops, and peripherals while ensuring optimal workstation and application performance. The IT Support technician will troubleshoot problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance as required. Other duties include processing end-user equipment requests and assisting with IT projects. The ideal candidate will have a 4-year college degree, a strong technical background, and excellent communication skills.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Melville, NY
- Provide prompt technical assistance and support for incoming issues and requests related to computer and network systems including hardware, software, and peripherals
- Perform diagnosis and resolution of end-user IT related issues
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade the following:
- Computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Network hardware and software
- RF network equipment including RF guns and wireless access points
- Anti-Virus and Malware software
- Phone systems
- Email systems
- Administer and resolve issues with end-user workstations, network, voice, and software products.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses
- Develop or modify IT Help Desk procedures used to address various end-user IT related issues
- Lifting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, printers, and peripherals.
- Occasional off-hours support as needed
- Develop, deploy, and maintain desktop images and software/apps
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop and mobile computing environment.
- Image, pack, and ship end-user devices
- Engage and work with third-party support and PC equipment vendors as needed
- Basic account management associated with end-user access and permission
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Associate degree plus equivalent work experience
- 2+ year’s work experience providing Level1/Level2 IT Support for end-user request and issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Remote Desktop and user VPN technologies
- Knowledge of MAC O/S, Linux, Android, and Apple OS a plus.
- Experience supporting voice systems and phone deployments
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack and Skype/Teams
- Experience terminating Ethernet cabling, familiarly with Fiber
- Experience with premise-based and/or cloud-based Active Directory
- Any Microsoft, Cisco, or other similar IT related certifications a plus
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, software, and operating systems (Windows).
- Experience administering Email services and clients
- Familiarity with cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft 365 and Google Docs
- Basic understanding of networking skills and concepts
- Basic understanding of IT security and Antivirus/Anti-malware solutions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- A polite, friendly demeanor and a passion for helping others
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Benefits – 401k with company match, great medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, vacation and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap room, and meditation room.
- Flexible hours – Standard business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, feel free to utilize our “Flex-Time” policy to adjust your start and end time slightly.
- We give back – We provide many opportunities to give back to our local communities.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code and a pet-friendly office.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We also have monthly team building events. Look out for our virtual paint nights, trivia nights, and more!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company