About Surface Optics Corporation:
Surface Optics’ disruptive, patented technology is transforming spectral imaging. We have developed the first camera to combine the power of light field imaging with spectral imaging, capturing the direction, color spectrum, and brightness of the light rays throughout an imaged scene. Combined with our patented real time processor, we have created unique video-rate spectral imagers to see what the human eye cannot. Surface Optics’ spectral imaging platform has the potential to become ubiquitous in the years to come in medical imaging, machine vision, agriculture, and military sensing and we are already hard at work on what’s coming next; this is an exciting time to join us as we work to redefine a multi-billion dollar industry. As an employee-owned company, we have built a dynamic and diverse culture centered on creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
Summary: The Entry-Level Office Administrator works under the guidance of and assists the Contracts Manager in cradle to grave contract administration conforming to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements. This position also includes facility security and reception job duties. All duties and responsibilities are performed according to SOC policies and procedures. This position is required to work in the office daily during normal business hours and have consistent and continuous communication with the Contracts Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to process contracts from order creation to contract closeout
- Review of Terms and Conditions for proposals and new orders to ensure company exposure to unfavorable terms are minimized
- Receive in-house legal counsel approval
- Ensure contract compliance such as terms, export regulations, etc.
- Maintain all formalized records of contractual agreements and correspondence
- Correspond with customers and negotiate terms to comply with company standards
- Provide acceptance of orders to customers after all terms are agreeable
- Script and submit modification requests and other regulatory required correspondence
- Quote and bid preparation
- Enter new orders into software systems and create job # and file
- Utilize the contracts management tracking system for delivery dates, required reports, funding, POP, and other necessary information to stay in compliance
- Work with program managers to maintain compliance on all contracts
- Timely close-out of contracts
- Responsible for professional and accurate correspondence with Government contracting officials
- Maintain legal documents and routinely evaluate – consulting agreement, NDA, etc…
- Assist Contracts Manager with other contract related duties such as budgets or financial actuals and variance reports
- Answers telephone, screen and direct calls.
- Takes and relays messages.
- Provides information to callers.
- Greet persons entering SOC, validate identity and obtain identification items required for security purposes.
- Directs persons to correct destination.
- Deals with general queries from the public and customers.
- Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization, maintains company calendar.
- General administrative, accounting and clerical support.
- Organizes and maintain front office.
- Receives and sorts incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists with shipping and receiving duties for all the departments, following Accounting policy and procedures.
- Performs three-way match of PO, receiving document, and invoice for accounting. Receives approval on invoices when necessary.
- Files vendor documents and uploads electronically to the accounting document management system.
- Coordinates/orders lunch for meetings, reserves meeting rooms.
- Mandatory attendance at ‘all-hands’ SOC safety, security, and HR meetings