When you join the Swift Team, you have a powerful force behind you. One that always has your back. We’re one of the biggest fleets on the road and we make our presence known, with more than 16,000 trucks, 60,000 trailers, and 16,000 company drivers. We’re dedicated to those to keeping our trucks moving and we need skilled technicians to be the backbone of our fleet.
Join a team that provides hands on OEM training with manufactures such as Freightliner, International, Volvo, Cummins, and Detroit. Our team members enjoy continual opportunities for growth and career advancement.
7am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday
7am – 4pm Monday and Tuesday
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Perform Driver leadership and Planning functions for extended coverage shifts at larger terminal locations or in support of the Intermodal department (less than 50% planning) for assigned line of business.
- DRIVER LEADERSHIP:
- Fuel and route Drivers while promoting the safety of drivers.
- Dispatch drivers on pre-planned loads and complete all corresponding computer work.
- Communicate with drivers via QualComm messaging (read and send messages).
- Plan loads with Drivers/Trucks (spends less than 50% of time planning a designated area).
- Work with other Terminal ECT members in drivers’ and customers’ special needs/requests as it relates to load planning.
- Resolve load targets and ensure on time delivery.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Monitor assigned loads, document and make appropriate notifications of issues.
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all loads for total customer satisfaction; manage service issues, research and code service failures.
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of customer information; maintain knowledge of customer contractual requirements; receive, commit to, and load detailed customer load information ensuring system integrity.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Customers, Operations Drivers and all levels of leadership; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership including, but not limited to:
- Be responsive to drivers and other terminal needs and assist with emergency situations (i.e. accidents) if the need arises.
- Understand and support company policies.
- INTERMODAL DEPT RESPONSIBILITIES ONLY:
- Work with all railroads to resolve issues such as Hazmat billing, billing issues, set outs as well as any issues that come up with the railroads.
- Skills: Ability to lead others; ability to communicate well with others; ability to transfer knowledge; detail-oriented; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; professional appearance; ability to take direction from leaders; knowledge of the transportation industry preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Required: Previous driving experience or six months of management, operations, or customer experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience.
· Medical insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Life insurance – Basic Life insurance coverage and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· 401K w/ Company Match
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Bonus Program
· Vendor Discounts
· Paid Time Off (PTO) 2 weeks (80 hours) your first year
We look forward to you joining the team!