At Sylvan, we are building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity, and inspiring the love of learning. We believe education is everything. A child’s future depends on a solid education and a love of learning. We teach our students how to learn, so they build confidence and develop the skills needed to achieve success in school and beyond.
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn’t always easy, but it’s exactly what we love. When you choose Sylvan as a career, you join a group of caring, bright and motivated people who share a passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive. Join us in changing lives!
Sylvan Learning is a franchise organization and is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with more than 700 sites located throughout North America.
As the new school year approaches, we are continuing to find new ways to support parents as they navigate the uncertainties of the COVID-19 pandemic. Sylvan recently launched School Support at Sylvan, in order to provide in-person support in a dedicated and safe learning environment during regular school hours.
We are looking for part-time School Support Coaches to assist students in developing their academic skills in a safe learning environment during in-person sessions. If you are interested in assisting students and parents through these challenging times, and creating a safe and productive learning environment to enable students’ success despite the challenges of virtual school learning, then we want you!
As a successful Sylvan School Support Coach your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring students and keeping them on track with assignments and online school sessions
- Coordinating and developing communication strategies with parents and teachers
- Facilitating social connection with peers, with appropriate social distancing guidelines
- Assisting with keeping learning stations clean and in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Communicating student’s needs to the center manager as needed
- Developing a rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintaining a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for academic success
- Other duties as assigned to assist the center and team members as needed
- Bachelor’s degree/last year in Education, English Literature, Mathematics or related field preferred
- Minimum 1 year of teaching or tutoring experience preferred
- State level teaching credential or certification preferred (current or expired)
- Familiarity with typical school assignments for basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment of constant change
- Well organized and confident working independently but also a strong team player
- Demonstrate effective communication with staff, students, and parents
- Familiarity with current online academic learning platforms such as Google Classroom, GoNoodle, Seesaw, Blackboard, Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom is a plus
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business, watching your Learning Center grow!
- Flexible daytime shifts Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 7:45 p.m. – 3:15p.m.
- Hourly salary of $13.50 per hour
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, and improving the lives of thousands of families every day, then apply today, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Submit cover letter and resume to: Lisa White