IT Service Desk Tier II
Are you interested in mentoring others? Would you like to find a company you can believe in? Interested in working at a high-growth environment with clients that are some of the area’s most exciting companies?
Direct Technology is looking for a Tier 2 Service Desk candidate to join our Managed Services Team to assist at our Bellevue office as well as client sites in the Greater Seattle Area. This position would be in integral part of our fast-growing team and is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow and advance their career in IT. At Direct Technology, we understand that people drive technology, not the other way around. We know technology is supposed to make our lives easier and our work more productive. We believe, in the age of machines, humans make all the difference. That’s why we focus on serving the human side of tech.
To be successful, all our team members must be committed to the company’s values, vision, work ethic, and high standards. Also, you must fit our culture where everyone LOVES technology, is PASSIONATE about helping people, and is INSPIRED to be the leading IT support company. This is not for everyone, but if you fit this bill, Direct Technology can be that rare combination of fun, growth potential, and financial reward.
- 2nd level Tech Support to be an escalation point for Tier 1 and root cause analysis. Assist tier 1 with the following; Answer calls and create tickets. Train and guide Tier 1 and Desktop Support.
- Troubleshoot Enterprise Management Server and Team Foundation Server
- Server Maintenance: Perform monthly Microsoft patch maintenance on all virtual and physical servers.
- End User Hardware Deployment and Management
- WDS/MDT/Intune Administration
- Setup applications and printer drivers.
- Documentation: Document and update technical procedures. Create User friendly documentation for internal Users and external clients.
- Physical onsite as needed.
- Support the end user provisioning and offboarding process (average 30 new users a month) end to end.
- Weekly rotation of 24/7 On Call: Monitor System Center Operations Manager alerts.
- Ticketing System: Create and update tickets via AutoTask. Add notes and times to tickets. Escalate and drive each ticket to completion or resolution.
Some of the more in-depth tasks include:
- Vendor Ordering / Vendor Management
- Set Group Policy in Active Directory
- Create external and internal DNS entries for websites for Developers.
- Subscription renewal.
- Technical experience to be successful in this role:
- Active Directory and Exchange 2007: Create, Delete, maintain active and disabled user accounts. Set up distribution and security groups.
- VMware vCenter: Monitor and allocate additional space and resources to virtual severs through Vmware vCenter. Troubleshoot virtual server performance.
- Manage and troubleshoot MS server 2003/2008/2008R2 and terminal servers.
- Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2012: Discovery and install Data Protection Manager Agent into newly created servers. Create and modify group policy. Troubleshoot and Monitor Recovery Point, Replication, and Backup jobs. Assist developers with database restore.
- Presentation/XenApps: Manage and troubleshoot applications within Citrix.
- Publish applications.
- Set up and troubleshoot MS Outlook 2007/2010/2013 along with MS Office 365.
- Project Web App (Microsoft Project Server 2010): Manage Users, Groups, and Categories.
- Set up Enterprise Calendars. Perform Database duties: Force Project Check-ins and OLAP Database Management.
Occasional offsite client-site work may include:
- Manage and troubleshoot thin clients.
- Manage and configure Symantec Backup exec 2012.
- Manage/configure/troubleshoot Citrix Provisioning 6.16
- Previous work history and experience with an MSP or IT consulting firm.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Service Desk, Help Desk or Technical Support roles.
- Administration and use of commercial ticketing (Autotask, Remedy, etc.) system experience.
- 2+ years experience in IT supporting a hybrid AD on prem-Azure environment via AD Connect Sync
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows environments.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Terminal Services.
Nice to have:
- Microsoft (MCITP/MCDST/MCSE/MCSA) certifications.
- VMware, Cisco and Citrix experience and certifications.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center 2012.
- Degree from an accredited university preferred.
Our Full Time Benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off