Direct Technology is looking for a skilled Payroll Clerk. This is a 100% remote position. The role would focus primarily with one of our clients in the Travel Nursing Industry and experience in that area is a huge PLUS!
The Payroll Clerk will be responsible for inputting data from time sheets, production records, or individual timecards to computerized payroll system. They will also be responsible for balancing payroll runs and answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues and knowing HR and Payroll laws for all 50 states. The role will be in integral part of our fast-growing team and is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow and advance their career in Accounting and Payroll.
This is a full time position, 35-40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday. The pay range for this position is $22 – $25 per hour, depending on experience.
- 2+ years of experience with high-volume payroll processing
- Knowledge of HR & Payroll Laws preferably in multiple states
- Experience answering payroll related employee questions
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the payroll field.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Organizational skills are critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail are critical
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and resolve problems
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel
Nice to have:
- Associates Degree or higher
- Some previous invoicing/billing experience a plus
- Previous experience working in payroll in the Travel Nurse Industry
- Experience in Multi-State payroll processing
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise
- Accounting / Project or Job Costing background