Direct Technology is looking for a System Administrator to join our Bellevue based team. At Direct Technology, we understand that people drive technology, not the other way around. We know technology is supposed to make our lives easier and our work more productive. We believe, in the age of machines, humans make all the difference. That’s why we focus on serving the human side of tech.
The System Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of client information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
If you are an individual is looking to flex your knowledge and increase your skill base, then Direct Technology has a job for you. We are seeking qualified candidates who want the latest experience in managing a datacenter environment, supporting VMWare, Microsoft System Center, HP Blade servers, Dell Equallogic SAN storage and much more.
Strategy & Planning
· Collaborate with team to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
· Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
· Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
· Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
· Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
· Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
· Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
· Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
· Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
· Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
· Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
· Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
· Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
· Utilize organizational skills as they pertain to completing operational activities in an efficient and effective manner.
· Demonstrate understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.
· Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
· Conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Absorb and retain information quickly.
· Present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Accurately and efficiently analyze and problem-solve tasks, services requests or service level data.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Practice exceptional customer service interactions to both internal and external customers.
· Active participation in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· 3+ years of hands on experience supporting medium to large environments and have taken an active role in troubleshooting, maintenance and support planning for those environments.
· Demonstrate strong documentation skills and application of industry standards, such as ITIL formats.
· Bachelor’s degree in IT or Engineering-related fields or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Vmware VCP 3.5 or higher
· Dell Equallogic Storage Certified
· Microsoft MCSE 2003 or 2008
· Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop, 4.0 or higher CCA or CCEA
· HP BladeSystem, c-Class
· Microsoft System Center
· Typically, this will be a 40 hour work week.
· Additional working hours as required.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
· Ability to work in a distracting environment without getting off-task
· Some travel may be required.
Direct Technology, founded in 1995, is one of the largest privately held custom software development firms on the West Coast, headquartered in Roseville, CA with an additional offices in Bellevue, WA and Plano, TX. Direct Technology s unparalleled level of knowledge and expertise solves its client s most complex business problems with technology solutions across the following practice areas: Custom Software Development, IT Networking and Technical Staffing.