Learn while you earn, with flexible schedules, along with having the opportunity to work from home.
Founded in 1998, Technology Assurance Group (TAG) is an organization of leading managed technology service providers (MTSPs) in the United States and Canada representing $500 million in products and services. TAG Members integrate all technology solutions including IT, cloud-based technologies, cybersecurity, telecommunications, AV, video surveillance, access control, and managed print.
Members benefit from best business and management practices, advanced sales training programs and processes, in-depth financial analysis and industry benchmarking, professionally led peer group interaction, marketing and lead generation programs, and strategic partnerships with technology manufacturers.
The chosen candidate will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced small business environment, to help build and implement, a national lead generation program. The candidate will receive “real-life” experience and gain valuable knowledge of sales and marketing, while also receiving hands-on interaction and mentoring from successful business executives.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Member and Partner Relations, the candidate will assist in implementing marketing campaigns, reviewing and organizing databases for leads, contacting existing customers to schedule appointments for sales teams, and participate in outbound prospecting efforts including
- Phone calls
- Linked-in social media selling strategies
The position requires a minimum of 15 hours of work per week, with flexible start and stop times, to work around existing school schedules with the potential to work from home. Based on the candidate’s success, there will be significant long-term growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be in a Business, Marketing, Sales, or Entrepreneurial major looking to get hands-on experience. The candidate will possess effective communication skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently.
The primary function of the Business Development intern is to support the sales teams in the implementation of prospecting campaigns, appointment setting programs, and lead nurturing initiatives.
The Business Development Representative role will work directly with the Vice President of Member and Partner Relations.
The duties of the Sales & Marketing Intern include, but are not limited to the following:
· Show up with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
· Set appointments with new and existing clients for the national sales teams.
· Implement and optimize specific prospecting programs.
· Learn prospecting frameworks for the phone and email to increase lead conversion rates.
· Learn and master objection handling.
· Regularly engage in role-playing and coaching.
· Become systematic and efficient to help drive sales opportunities.
· Support the sales process with Sales Leaders and Sales Executives.
· Conduct database research, develop and manage prospecting lists for sales teams.
· Update database with client and prospect information.
· Research prospect website and prepare information for the sales teams.
· Prepare and distribute assigned sales department reports on a timely basis including the consolidated sales pipeline and forecast report, closing ratio reports, and lead referral reports.
· Assist in managing email marketing campaigns through TAG’s Marketing & Lead Generation System.
· Handle special projects when necessary.
· Actively participate in sales and product training to learn sales strategies and the technology that TAG offers its Members.
· Represent TAG with the utmost professionalism including attire, ethics, and conduct.
· Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures including the Employee Handbook.
· Any additional duties, which may be assigned by the VP of Member and Partner Relations.
Please reach out to Ryan Mulvany at email@example.com if you see a potential fit.