Travel the Southern states and improve the region’s parks, trails, and public lands as part of a Conservation & Disaster Crew!
Louisiana Conservation Corps’ Conservation & Disaster Crews are an AmeriCorps opportunity for young adults interested in working outdoors. Crews will spend their season completing a variety of conservation projects throughout the region. Projects may include trail construction & improvement, habitat restoration, invasive plant removal, wildland fuel reduction, and more. Crews also remain on call to help communities impacted by natural disasters.
As a Conservation & Disaster Crew Leader, you and a co-leader will guide your crew through the day-to-day responsibilities for a variety of conservation projects throughout the region.
Qualifications – Must Have
- High school diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 21-28
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Clean 3-year Driving Record
- At least 5 months of prior experience in camping, backcountry travel, or related fieldwork
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in rugged terrain, often wearing a 45lb backpack and carrying tools.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Commitment to completing the entire term of service
- Strong service ethic and desire to serve the community and the environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Willingness to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- $1,678 per month stipend
- AmeriCorps Education Award
- Non-private student loan deferment
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- FEMA certifications
- Technical & fundamental skills training
- Camping & travel opportunities
- Opportunity to network with partnering agencies such as National Park Service, US Fish & Wildlife Service, Louisiana State Parks, and more!
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities or you are ready to apply, please visit our website. Our online application is the only thing needed to start your interview process!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 744-1900 ext. 1313.
We look forward to seeing your application soon!