AoA Elementary Classroom Teacher
The Academy is seeking elementary school (K-5) teachers committed to delivering high-quality instruction in all subjects. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to equity and social justice.
About The Academy of Alameda Elementary School:
The Academy is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real-world contexts and where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between home, school, and the world through the lenses of identity, diversity, justice, and action.
The Academy of Alameda equitably develops students into critical thinkers and life-long learners who navigate the world with integrity, and who apply their learning to empower themselves and their communities.
The Academy of Alameda seeks individuals who:
● Are passionate about promoting equity and social justice in their practice, and incorporate themes of social justice into the curriculum, including narratives that have been silenced throughout history.
● Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
● Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
● Are reflective educators committed to understanding how their own identities interact with and influence the identities of their students
● Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
● See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
● Understand that children learn in different ways
● Are committed to ensuring that every child will succeed
● Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive, and high achieving school culture
● Enjoy their work
● Demonstrated success in teaching
● Belief in AoA mission and philosophy
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
● Experience with and interest in working with high needs students
● Hold or are working towards California Multiple Subject teaching credential
● Applicants of color strongly encouraged to apply
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is competitive and based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and participate in California State Teachers Retirement System. To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, copy of credential, and two letters of recommendation to our school director, Leah Rubin, at email@example.com.