We are seeking a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and backend programming. The CMS for our website is WordPress, so previous experience with WordPress is valuable.
Successful candidates will be adept at juggling multiple projects, will feel comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders, will be able to think strategically while also being detailed oriented, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
There are many potential projects for you to work on:
- Fine-tuning the existing website, projects may include modifying design and layout, or tweaking existing code.
- Developing two distinct login portals, one for customers and the other for pros.
- Updating and modifying existing plugins.
- Building the app for iOS and Android devices. The iOS app is 50% completed and the frame for android is completed.
- Designing and developing APIs. We have a lot of data and we need to optimize delivery of the data using PHP.
- Optimizing existing code to meet requirements for Google.
- Developing a customized plugin for our inspiration gallery. We want to replicate many of the same functions as Pinterest.
- Modifying the directory as we begin to scale our services into additional states.
Most of the website has already been built, so you’ll need to be adept at modifying the existing code. Our primary objectives are to optimize the existing code for the website and to scale the website.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.