The Concord Group, one of the nation’s leading real estate consulting firms, is seeking candidates for research internships. Due to the health concerns and impacts of Covid-19, the position is fully remote at this time. However, only candidates with a primary residence in California, Oregon, Georgia, Texas, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Florida will be considered for the role. With over 30 consultants in three offices (Newport Beach, San Francisco, and Atlanta), The Concord Group advises some of the nation’s premier developers, home builders, financial institutions and municipalities worldwide on large land use, strategic development and financing decisions.
As a Research Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional team of consultants on projects in a variety of geographies across the US. The majority of the Research Intern’s time will be spent on multifamily housing projects. Product types may also include office space, resorts, golf courses, and/or master-planned residential communities. This Research Internship is meant to provide a foundation in both consulting and the real estate industry, and will give you considerable exposure to the analytical tools needed to succeed in this competitive field. Research Interns will also gain significant knowledge and insight into Microsoft Excel and other critical research databases.
The Research Intern is integral to the daily operation of the firm, and will have an active role in supporting engagements, including:
- Primary research on real estate subjects and entities around the US
- Interviews with Real Estate professionals (city planners, leasing agents, etc.) to gain insight into markets
- Creating reports and maps in Excel suitable for professional presentation
- Interacting with team members, principals and clients
The Researcher position is a great opportunity for current students who desire to expand their knowledge of the real estate industry by gaining valuable experience in a strategic consulting environment. Researchers are encouraged to participate in staff meetings and immerse themselves in different types of real estate through active involvement in client deliverables.
To apply, please complete the linked application form with your cover letter and resume.
The Concord Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing and personable
- Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in real estate economics and development is preferred
- Ability to commence work immediately is preferred
Hourly compensation is $15-$20/hour DOE and Research Interns are expected to work 30 to 40 hours/week (per agreement, depending on schedule). Intern contracts will be reevaluated after every three months based on performance. Strong performance during the internship can lead to opportunities to apply for full-time employment.